Best Boot Forward #6
So, here we are. Hump Day strikes again, but fear not! We have the Best Boot Forward linky back to help us along for another week.
As Best Boot Forward is a group for women who would like to change their lives in some small or big way, we can't go this week without talking about the 100th anniversary of the passing of the Representation of the People Act 1918.
It's difficult to imagine a world in which women have so few rights and aren't even allowed a democratic vote. The Suffrage movement fought, campaigned and even sacrificed life for women's rights which has had a direct effect on all of us today. The passing of the act in 1918, though a huge step for women's right still held limitations which did not equate to the same rights as male voters. Only women over the age of thirty and who owned property were initially allowed the vote, but the campaigning for equal rights didn't end there. 100 years on, the world looks very different but we still have a way to go for full equality in our society.
So, this week my questions are tied in with this significant anniversary, looking not just at the changes we can make for ourselves but at what we might like to change about the world around us.
- If you could change one thing, and one thing only about the world we live in today, what would that be? We're talking anything you like here. Would you want to close the pay gap? Would you banish all modern technology? Or might you fancy living in a world where wearing socks with sandals was compulsory..?
- How do you think making that change would affect you personally?
- If we wound the clock back 100 or so years, would you see yourself as a Suffragist, a Suffragette or neither? Why would you have made this choice?
Both Kate & I will be answering these questions and linking up and we hope that you will join us too. If you’re new to Best Boot Forward, don’t be shy! You can start by telling us about your goals; telling us about yourself or just dive straight in and answer the questions. We’d love to have you along.
#BESTBOOTFORWARD LINKY RULES:
1. Include our sparkly link badge in your post to link back to us.
2. Please comment on this post and the one from Kate at Kate on Thin Ice and at least one other. Obviously the more you comment, the better and it is a super way to get to know other people and to interest them in your blog.
3. Link a maximum of 1 post per week.
4. The linky is open for a week so there is plenty of time to link up.