Best Boot Forward: Carpe Diem
The blogging community has been shocked by the sudden death of one of it's finest members, Kate Sutton of Wit Wit Woo this week. Kate touched a lot of people with her fiery, funny and fabulous writing and I know she was a positive influence on my blogging right when I started out as I'm sure she would have been to many others.
Even if you don't know who Kate was, I'm sure we can all relate to suddenly losing someone of influence in our lives, whether we knew them or simply knew of them, it can have an impact and make us reflect on our own lives, assess what is really important in the big scheme of things and whether we would be happy if our days ended sooner than we thought.
The hashtag that has emerged in Kate's memory is #BeMoreWitWitWoo – a fitting tribute, which asks us how we can seize the day, live life to the full, being bold and kind on the way.
There is a GoFundMe page to raise money to help Kate's family with her funeral costs if you would like to support it.
THIS WEEKS PROMPT
It's a fairly simple theme, with some questions to get you thinking:-
How can you seize the day? Think about if your time was limited, what would you do to enrich your life? Could you change your life in a big or a small way right this second? Could you choose that bolder shade of lippy or slip on those fabulous heels you've never had the occasion to flaunt?
- The linky runs from Wednesday until the following Tuesday to give you plenty of time to link up your positive blog posts.
- You can add up to 3 posts per week.
- You must add the Best Boot Forward badge to your blog post. You can grab the code below.
- Please act in a sharing and caring way but we only ask you to definitely comment on the post before yours. It is of course always great to give your hosts some comment love too. Do more than that and great karma will be yours.
- If you would like to guarantee a retweet of your post please add #BestBootForward and tag @kateonthinice and @IndigoChlo
- Please share this post if you can with your social networks so that we build up a community quickly.
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML