I really should and would like to despise Valentine's Day, but somehow I always find myself secretly longing for enormous gestures of affection, which possibly stems from my seeming terrible unattractiveness throughout my fragile teenage years. I blossomed people! I blossomed! Psych evaluation over.
Despite this, gestures without at least a hint of a cynical undertone tend to make me want to vom. Somehow, all that gushing bollocks is too generic and unimaginative and I hate it. It's a rather fine line.
What I do love, however, is a good cat. As the internet has shown us all: cats are super, and in honour of this here are some of my favourite cat Valentine's cards, all from independent, creative sellers who you should check out for all your future greetings card needs.
If you're not a feline lover,
leave and never return, you soulless bastard kindly avert your eyes.
Click the pic to head to the relevant site.
1. The Dancing Cat has some of my all time favourite stuff. If you're not familiar, then head over to the Etsy store and see all the amazingness.
2. I love this card. It is very me. Head over to Lisa Hunt's Illustration Doodle Shop on Folksy for more.
3. I can't resist a well-timed slow blink. Check out the awesome work of PopDoggie, who specialises in doggies, but of course!
4. Miumi cat owns your heart. It's an actual fact.
5. Seek cats' approval; win heart. Love is simple. Unless you have allergies. Gorgeous stuff by PrintsOfHeart, found on Etsy.
6. This I love. How could you not? Watercolour gorgeousness and no cynicism needed, due to some fantastic artwork from a shop as sweet as it sounds: Milk and Honey Creative.
7. I am so thrilled that this search lead me to the quirky work of Ms Spanner. I adore this.
8. Adorable cards for any occasion by Carley Chiu. There are so many more in her shop too, go look!
Have a good one, folks and be sure to check out all these amazing cards and their creators!