Recipe: Bitter Chocolate Mousse
A simple recipe for a darkly delicious chocolate mousse. Use a quality dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids, serve as is, with a flourish of grated chocolate.
Bitter Chocolate Mousse
Makes 4 portions
- 125g dark chocolate
- 5 egg whites
- 85g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Gently melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (a bowl over a simmering pan of water).
- Beat egg whites until they come to soft peaks. Continue to whisk, adding caster sugar until firm peaks appear.
- Stir the egg yolks into the melted chocolate.
- Whisk 1/3 of egg white mixture into your chocolate mixture, working quickly. Then slowly and gently fold in the remaining mixture.
- Pour into moulds and allow to set in the fridge for 3 hours.
For more recipes, courtesy of our resident chef, Jim Hamilton, click here.